Experience the History of Vienna Up Close
In Vienna city center, go on a virtual journey through the history of Vienna at “Time Travel Vienna”. Go on a journey through the centuries in the vaulted ceilings of St. Michael’s monastery on Habsburgergasse. Experience the history of Vienna with all your senses in a historical location.
Your trip begins in a 5D cinema that takes visitors back to the age of Roman Vienna. Other themes include the two world wars and the signing of the State Treaty on 15 May 1955. It ends with an interactive horse-drawn carriage ride through Vienna. The carriage “flies” and rides over the Imperial Palace, Stadtpark, State Opera to Schönbrunn and the Prater.
A one-hour, humorous guided tour in your own language including 5D Cinema, Animatronic Shows, Virtual Reality (VR) Music Ride and Special Effects. Look forward to 1,300m2 of fun and adventure for young and old.
Experience 2000 years through Time Travel Vienna
- 8 multimedia stations on 1300 m².
- The ancestral gallery: Get to know the most important persons in the history of Vienna.
- Dive off into another era. 5D Action Cinema – Spectacular effects give you the impression of really living in old Vienna.
- Habsburgershow: Get to know the most important persons in Vienna’s history and meet the imperial family in person.
- The Plague Pit: Feel relegated to Vienna’s last major plague epidemic in 1679. What does a plague doctor look like and how does it feel to be in the middle of a plague pit?
- Virtual Reality Music Ride: Immerse yourself in an immersive 360 ° room experience and experience the course of Viennese music history with VR glasses.
- Raid alarm! Around you, raging World War II and you are in the middle of an air raid shelter.
- Austria is free! Hear the moving speech of Federal Chancellor Leopold Figl in smashed Vienna.
- Above the rooftops of Vienna: The journey ends with a fantastic Fiaker flight over Vienna as it is today.
All tours are in German. There are audio guides in 10 languages (for free): English, Spanish, Italian, French, Hungarian, Polish,Czech, Russian, Japanese, and Chinese. Visitors can use headphones to see the show in their native language.
Shows start every 20 minutes. The show takes 50 minutes. It is recommended to arrive 15 minutes before the start of the show.
Your benefit with the QueerCityPass Vienna: 25% discount on all tickets