Time Travel Vienna
Experience an exciting walk through 2000 years of Vienna!
Discover a unique adventure world about the history of Vienna in a historical vault directly in the city centre between Graben and Michaelerplatz. Experience the exciting history of Vienna with a 5D cinema, animatronicfigures, various multimedia shows and exceptional sound and light effects.
The period from the roman camp Vindobona to present time is presented in a humorous manner which makes it a fascinating experience for young and old. Welcome to your journey to the heart of Vienna! Let your personal tour guide take you through the historical masonries where you will discover a magical world full of insights, sensations and emotions. In a unique interaction of historical content and top modern entertainment technology Time Travel makes history come alive. Enjoy 1.300 m² of fun and action for young and old!
The Highlights: 8 Multimedia-Shows on 1300 m²
- Ancestral portrait gallery: Get to know the most important personalities in Vienna’s history.
- 5D Action Cinema: Experience the magic of the Time Ride, which takes you flying 2000 years back in history.
- Habsburger Show: Watch the famous Austrian Emperor family come alive in the Imperial Theatre.
- Plague pit: Time Travel takes you right back in time to Vienna’s last major plague epidemic in 1679.
- Music in Vienna: Experience the lightness and grandeur of Vienna´s timeless music in the colourful Waltz Ride with laser show.
- War Years: What was the war really like? Experience an air raid in the Second World War.
- “Austria is free!” Listen to the moving speech of Federal Chancellor Leopold Figl, given at Belvedere Palace in 1955, amidst the remnants of a war-decimated Vienna.
- Fiaker Ride: Finally, travel back to the present in the enchanting Fiaker Ride.
All tours are in German. There are audio guides in 10 languages (for free): English, Spanish, Italian, French, Hungarian, Polish,Czech, Russian, Japanese, and Chinese.
Visitors can use headphones to see the show in their native language.
Time Travel Vienna
daily from 10 am to 8 pm
(last tour starts at 7 pm)
Shows start every 20 minutes.
The show takes 50 minutes. It is recommended to arrive 15 minutes before the start of the show.
€ 14.63 instead of € 19.50
Children (5-14 years):
€ 11.63 instead of € 15.50
Students & Seniors (55 years and older) with ID:
€ 13.13 instead of € 17.50